Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Using Coupons Effectively. ...

Using coupons always saves money, but the trick to using coupons effectively is to get things for FREE or cheap.

Take Advantage of double coupons and don't be embarrassed to do separate transactions to get the most for your money. This is why you will have more money in the bank and others will complain about nothing having money.

A few examples of how I have saved money at Giant Eagle ( usually an over priced store)

1. Totino's Pizza Rolls, I will never pay full price for pizza rolls again. The particular Giant Eagle I went too only doubles one like coupon per transaction. Well I ordered a lot of coupons off e-bay ( still works out to be cheaper than paying full price).
  • The Pizza Rolls were 10 for 10 dollars
  • Coupons were .40 cents off
  • Double .80 cents off a box
  • .20 cents for a box of totinos

I went to a younger cashier that seemed to be having fun, I told her that I had a lot of coupons and she prompted me to do 21 separate transactions. Though every Giant Eagle is different, the ones that are NOT privately owned do NOT limit double coupons.


2.
  • Relish was 10 for 10 dollars. Vlassic had a PDF printable coupon on their website that was 1.00 off any Vlassic item. Relish include.
  • So free relish, but what made this EVEN BETTER was if you bought 10 dollars worth of Vlassic you would get 4 dollars off your next purchase.
  • Then pickles were 5\10 dollars
    • Print 5 Vlassic Coupons
    • Use the 4 On your next purchase coupon from Giant Eagle
    • and Pay 1.00 for 5 jars of pickles.
    • And get ANOTHER 4 dollar off your next purchase coupon.
3.

1 comment:

Brian and Deborah Nelson said...

what is vlassic's website? I can't find it.